In his new book, Focus on the Future: Your Family, Your Faith, and Your Voice Matter Now More Than Ever, Dr. Tim Clinton emphasizes the importance of leaving behind a legacy for future generations. However, it's getting more and more difficult for Christians to live out their faith in an increasingly secular culture.
Clinton comments, "We face significant challenges and threats to the way we are called to live ... Amidst the current cancel culture, negative views on Christianity, and the pervasive attacks on biblical truths, Christians must find the courage to preserve traditional values. Our times now force us to be courageous," states Clinton. "They demand of God's people radical holiness. They require that we live boldly as Christians in the face of the darkness that surrounds us."
Courage can be hard to come by when attacks on Christianity comes from all sides. Clinton explains, "What happens today is that our critics work to repackage Christianity. We believers in Jesus think that we are devoted to loving people and trying to do good in the world. But opponents of Christianity today have learned to present our faith in different ways, including as something dark and misguided. According to some, the Christian community is outdated, ill-informed, intolerant, haters, anti-LGBTQ bigots, and racists. We oppose all other faiths, and we are trying to gain the controls of government to force our faith on others, much like the Nazis of the last century.
"Suddenly, instead of having to answer for telling people God loves them, caring for their practical needs, or encouraging healthy, loving families, those who love God and appreciate their freedom are painted as the enemies of society, a cancer that will destroy American democracy."
The solution to such disillusionment, according to Clinton, is to refocus on the family dynamic. "In the days to come," Clinton concludes, "we have to win our generation by offering it examples of dynamic, loving, life-changing families. We have to model what the kingdom of God looks like by modeling godly families that are counter to the spirit of the age."
As the president of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), Clinton is familiar with these issues, as well as how to address them. In his new book, he reveals:
- How to promote and restore the marriage contract and the family unit
- How to resist the forces determined to destroy biblical masculinity
- How to lead and protect millennials and Gen Z-ers from today's rampant temptations
Dr. Tim Clinton, EdD, LPC, LMFT, is president of AACC, the largest and most diverse Christian counseling association in the world. Dr. Clinton also serves as the Executive Director of the Liberty University Global Center for Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery, and co-host of "Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk," heard on nearly 1400 radio outlets daily. Licensed as a Professional Counselor and as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Dr. Clinton is recognized as a world leader in mental health and relationship issues and spends much of his time working with Christian leaders and professional athletes. He has authored or edited nearly 30 books.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details