In an interview on the Fox News show "Mornings with Maria" on Monday, the founder of Michael Lee Strategy ripped Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg for being one of the "worst companies ever created and maligned the social media giant for becoming so big and powerful.
Facebook is reeling from the events of the past couple of days. On Sunday, "60 Minutes" did an expose on the company when former employee Frances Haugen says that, in her time with Facebook, she saw "conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook."
Haugen, referred to as a "whistleblower," says Facebook "chooses profits over safety" in an interview with "60 Minutes'" Scott Pelley.
Then on Monday, Facebook suffered an outage in which its platforms went offline for seven hours from approximately Noon until 7 p.m. ET. The outage cost Zuckerberg dearly as Bloomberg.com reported that the big tech mogul lost $6 billion during that time. Bloomberg reported that he dropped to No. 5 on the list of the world's richest people, behind Bill Gates, and the stock slide dropped his net worth to $121.6 billion.
CNBC.com reported that the outage, which prevented users from refreshing their feeds or sending messages, "was caused by configuration changes on the backbone routers. Santosh Janardhan, Facebook's VP on infrastructure, did not specify exactly what the changes were but that the changes caused "issues" that interrupted the flow of traffic between routes in Facebook's data centers around the world.
In his "Mornings with Maria" interview, Lee says, unfortunately, he doesn't see any meaningful repercussions coming for Facebook after the "60 Minutes" interview.
"I believe that its ... an evil company," Lee says. "I think they have so much research internally that talks about the devastation they can do to people's minds, young people's minds. In addition to the child trafficking issue, repercussions. Unfortunately, they've become so big and powerful, and you know, they're a tool of the party in charge. So, this will e some headlines and a little further confirmation of how bad of a company they are."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details