Charlene Marie Graham, lovingly known as "Grandma Char," died on Monday, Sept. 27, 2021, at age 84, The Jim Bakker Show reports.
Graham, described as "the matriarch and rock of the Graham family," was a co-founder and executive vice president of Jim and Lori Bakker's Morningside Ministry in Blue Eye, Missouri, and the PTL Television Network for 23 years. At her death, she was surrounded by her three children: Lori Graham Bakker, Mark Graham, Scott Graham and other immediate family.
"We are grateful to the Lord that she went peacefully into the arms of Jesus Christ, the One she loved the most," The Jim Bakker Show reports, adding:
She was an amazing representative for the ministry; continuously counseled members of our staff, volunteers and residents; and worked with many Christian leaders of the world. Char was loved deeply by all who knew her.
She was full of unconditional love, incredible wisdom and counsel; her legacy will live on forever through the powerful impact she made on others. ... [She] will be remembered most for her extraordinary faith she had in the Lord, her Savior. She lived her entire life faithful and obedient to Him.
The posting of the notice of Graham's death on the Facebook page for The Jim Bakker Show garnered hundreds of comments expressing condolences and other kind remarks. "Heaven gained a champion," wrote Philip D. Cameron.
"Grandma Char will certainly be missed. It has been several years since my husband & I came to Morningside, Grandma Char was such a active part of everything. My sympathy to Lori, Mark, Scott, Jim and all of the Graham/Bakker families. Heaven is getting Sweeter all of the time," wrote Judith Elliott.
Sandra Branem also expressed her condolences: "Oh dear Lori.. I'm so sorry for your loss.. your Mom meant everything to you .. we will all miss her.. what a grand Lady she was.. so wise and caring.. you have many of her attributes.. God be with you dear Lori and Jim.. we feel your sadness but we know you will carry on whatever God has for you to do."
The Graham and Bakker families thank everyone for their support, encouragement and prayers during this difficult time. A celebration of life will be held at Morningside USA, with details to follow.
Please join the Charisma News Staff in praying for Graham's family and the many whose lives she touched through her vibrant witness for the Lord.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details