Stefen Wisniewski has football in his blood, but Jesus in his heart.
His father, Leo, played in the NFL as a nose tackle for a few years before Stefen was born, and Stefen carried that legacy through 10 seasons in the NFL, winning two Super Bowls with the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs.
The 32-year-old Wisniewski made a video announcement through his Twitter account that he was retiring from football to pursue pastoral ministry. In the video, he said:
"After 10 seasons in the NFL, I'm retiring. I absolutely loved playing the game of football, but after 10 years, my body, my mind and my heart are telling me it's time to move on," Wisniewski says.
"What am I going to do next? I'm going to be a pastor. The absolute best part of my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, and I can't imagine a better full-time job than teaching people the Bible and sharing the love of Christ with others."
I have an announcement to make : pic.twitter.com/0ZHD3Kvp9b— Stefen Wisniewski (@stefenwiz61) August 26, 2021
Wisniewski said if he would take the time to say thank you to all those who helped him succeed in the NFL, his Twitter video would go on too long, but he posted more details in a separate tweet.
He elaborated about his love for Jesus, saying that "You were my strength, joy, purpose, anchor, life, peace and passion through it all. I only made it through the tough times because of Your presence and because of the promises in Your Word. And the intense joy from knowing You far surpasses any joy that came from even the best parts of the game of football. And all glory that people try to give to me for what I've accomplished truly and rightfully belongs to You" (Rom. 11:36).
The Pittsburgh native has been very open about his faith, often sharing his testimony to men's church groups, encouraging men to lock arms with each other and be the men of God they are called to be.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details