Kim Owens, co-pastor of Fresh Start Church in Peoria, Arizona, has experienced firsthand the growing pains of revival, specifically during the season of revival the Lord brought to her church community. If you are asking God to bring revival to your church, listen to this powerful interview on this episode of Fire Starter with Dr. Jamie Morgan on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Early in her pastorate, Owens remembers desiring something more in her church. She says, "We wanted a revival culture. And we wanted to move with the Holy Spirit. And we wanted not only visitations, but we wanted the habitation of the presence of God on an ongoing basis."
But the habitation of God was harder to nurture than she had originally thought possible. Owens reflects on the growing pains they experienced and shares what she learned through it. "It's very important for believers and pastors to know that there is a birthing period of revival. And then comes the cultivating period. And then there comes the sustaining period, and cultivating and sustaining go hand in hand," she says.
But she encourages others, "We need to know that at every level, or at every point, that there are things that we need to have a strong resolve on. And in the birthing time, there is that strong foundation of prayer that must be given priority in your life as a leader, as well as building in the lives of your people."
If you desire a deeper manifestation of revival in your life or your church's life, listen to the full podcast here.
Jamie Morgan is an ordained minister in the Assemblies of God and lead pastor of Life Church in Williamstown, New Jersey. She graduated with her M.A. in Practical Theology from Oral Roberts University and her D.Min. from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. She serves on America's National Prayer Committee as well as the Assemblies of God Prayer Committee. She is the author of A Journey to Ministry: Discover Your Calling, Purpose and Destiny. She also hosts the podcast Fire Starter with Dr. Jamie Morgan. Learn more at jamiemorgan.com.
This article was excerpted from the August issue of Charisma magazine. If you don't subscribe to Charisma, click here to get every issue delivered to your mailbox. During this time of change, your subscription is a vote of confidence for the kind of Spirit-filled content we offer. In the same way you would support a ministry with a donation, subscribing is your way to support Charisma. Also, we encourage you to give gift subscriptions at shop.charismamag.com, and share our articles on social media.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details