Childlikeness is a common theme within the life and teachings of Jesus. He taught that if we don't receive the kingdom of God as a child, then it is impossible to even enter the kingdom of heaven in the first place.
Jesus pulled children to Himself and used them as examples of what the Father desires, a childlikeness in His people. Don't get me wrong. God doesn't desire childishness; that is a completely different story.
There are many streams in the body of Christ that praise knowledge over love. The apostle Paul states that "knowledge puffs up, but love edifies" (1 Cor. 8:1, NKJV). It is important to grow in our revelation knowledge of Him, but even Jesus said that the Father delights in revealing Himself to the babes and not the learned.
To many, the mark of true spirituality is getting all your theological ducks in a row and being less emotional in your approach to God. Yes, it is vital that we have sound doctrine and that we aren't tossed around by the emotions of life.
But at the same time, God has created us to know Him, draw close to Him, trust Him like a child and pursue Him above all else. He has made us emotional beings, and He wants us to connect with Him in that way as well.
On the latest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with minister Eric Gilmour about the beauty of living before the Lord in humility and utter dependence. Tune in to find out more.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details