Bill Wiese did not write his book 23 Minutes in Hell to point fingers at non-believers and condemn them to a life of eternal damnation for not believing in Jesus.
The main purpose, he told Sean Hannity on The Sean Hannity Show podcast, was to help direct them to Jesus, so they would not have to suffer such a horrible fate for eternity.
"23 Minutes in Hell is not a message of condemnation. It's a message of love," Wiese told Hannity. "I actually asked God, 'Why did you send me to this horrible place?' He told me that it was because many of His own people do not believe that hell is real. They simply don't believe that hell exists, and that statement surprised me because I thought all Christians at least believed in hell.
"None of us would ever make it to heaven on our own because none of us are good according to God's standards," Wiese said. "But, once we get born again, we want to live righteously, and we want to live right before God. Our good works won't save us, but we have to trust what Jesus did on the cross, that He shed his blood for us and forgave us of our sins so that we would repent. That makes all of the difference."
A real-estate broker for 35 years, Wiese said he was "minding his own business" when his "out-of-body' experience happened unexpectedly one day.
"I got pulled out of my body and was tumbling down this long tunnel, and I landed on a stone floor in a dungeon in hell," Wiese told Hannity. "I had no idea of why I was there, but I was fully cognizant. The heat was far beyond the ability to sustain life. I saw these demonic creatures—hideous, ferocious beasts that were not human. I knew I was completely alone and lost. I was taken over to this large pit and heard these deafening screams from people. It's guarantee you it's something you don't want to experience.
"I'm not trying to convince people to believe me about going to hell," he continued. "I'm just assigned to point people to the Scriptures about hell and how real it is. Jesus talked about hell in 46 different verses. That's what He saved us from."
Wiese is also the host of the 23 Minutes in Hell podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Stay tuned to Charisma News for an in-depth interview with Bill Wiese by Charisma's Jeff Struss on Wiese's book and podcast. You won't want to miss it.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details