It was the day before Independence Day, and my family and I had just returned from an impressive fireworks show. As I sat on the edge of my bed, attempting to rock my 1-month-old son to sleep, I closed my eyes and began to see a vision from the Lord. I was standing in freshly cut grass. A fountain of water shot up out of the ground before me. Beyond it, across the grounds of a lightly wooded park, fountains began springing up everywhere. The bursts of water were scattered, sitting about seven feet apart from each other.
As I held my son, I started to pray. Before I got a word out, the Lord answered. I heard, "The same way water sprang up out of the ground prior to the flood, I'm going to start 'springing up' fountains of My Spirit all over the world in the days ahead." He was silent for a moment. As I kept listening, I started to hear these phrases: "new seasons of glory," "new seasons deliverance," and "new seasons of My grace."
After putting my son to bed, I found my journal and started to write down what I had heard. While writing, the Holy Spirit kept speaking. "The same way that water springing up in two different places can come together and act as one stream, the water of My Spirit is going to unite believers in various ways across the globe. Shine, shine, shine. Shine for My glory."
Before putting down my pen, Jesus' words in John 7:38-39 (NASB) came to mind.
"The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.' But this He said in reference to the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."
The simple truth is Jesus promises the river of the Spirit to those who believe. Belief is the simplest of things. It's so easy that a child can do it. Yet it's still so hard for us to do sometimes. I feel encouraged to look back at the belief I had in the moment of conversion and to move forward with that same belief—to expect the rivers of the Spirit with that same childlike faith.
We can only shine for the glory of the Lord because of the glory of the Spirit who is with us, and as John says, the glory of the Spirit was given once Jesus was glorified. Ultimately, it all points back to Him. Thank You, Jesus!
Troy Black is a Christian YouTuber, author and prophetic voice. His ministry and life are led by two simple goals: to be obedient to the Holy Spirit and to get the gospel of Jesus Christ in front of as many people as possible. You can find videos and other resources from Troy at troyblackvideos.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details