If you ask unbelievers around the world what they think about Christians, many of them will throw the word "hypocrite" around. A lot of the time, it's because of a negative experience with a Christian who may have sinned in front of them or a believer who treated them in an ungodly manner.
Another issue many believers have is that we love to raise our voices against injustice loudly on social media and in person. However, we aren't raising the same standard of love Jesus did, which rubs a lot of unbelievers the wrong way. and rightfully so. It is truly unfortunate that because of the misconduct of some, the reputation of the many is tainted.
Jesus' sermon in Matthew 5-7 is undeniably His most famous teaching recorded in the Scriptures. Here, Jesus raises the bar of godly living and tells us what it looks like to live as a child of God in a dark and hurting world.
He tells us to do our good works before men so that many will glorify our Father in heaven as a result. He tells us not to showboat our spirituality for the praises of men but to live from the heart and in union with the Father even when no one is looking. He tells us to bless those who hurt us and pray for our enemies.
For believers, this sermon is a mandate that calls us higher and should grab us by the collar to hurl us into a greater intimacy with God and conviction to truly live like Jesus. Living the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount is impossible in our flesh, but By His Spirit, it's completely accessible. The world needs to see the church possessed with this reality now more than ever.
On the newest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo starts a brand-new series on the Sermon on the Mount, and in part one, he dives into the Beatitudes. Here, he shares foundational revelation of how to view the entire sermon and how we as believers can embrace its truth as well as walk it out on a daily basis. Tune in!
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details