In the world of reality television, sexual promiscuity is not only prevalent but more often than not promoted.
Such is not the case for Bachelorette contestant Mike Planeta, who said in a recent podcast interview that his virginity is of the highest value and importance. He believes that God placed a hedge of protection around him in this area so as to keep him out of trouble.
"If you truly are convicted in something like this—and for me, I'm convicted, ... [but] I believe wholeheartedly God grabs the most rotten ones the earliest," said the 31-year-old. "I was one of the most rotten ones when I was born. [God] was like, 'You do not get to experience a lot of these things because you're going to get in trouble.'"
"Knowing that about myself, it was almost like a layer of protection, where it was like, 'No, you don't get to do this.'"
Planeta realized God called him to honor his future wife in this way. "You have to show her that there's so much more that you see in her, right?" he said. "And there's so much more that you want for her. You want to elevate her."
He sees his biblical views of sex as a way for him to encourage other men to view relationships as both God-honoring and women-honoring.
"What's a way to do that?" Planeta asked. "For me ... one of the biggest desires in my heart is obviously to have sex, you know, with my wife. It's like, 'OK, well, then you need to put in work before you're granted that gift.' Right? So that's how I view it," he said. "If you're a man and that's something that you're struggling with, or you're feeling insecure about owning it but you're doing it for a reason, you're convicted ... for a reason. So find out what that reason is, understand it, and then ... verbalize it to your future spouse or your girlfriend."
Planeta said there's nothing "more secure" than "looking a woman in the eyes and saying, 'I want nobody else for the rest of my life. You are all I want.'"
The former baseball player was honest about his virginity during the season premiere, drawing some criticism from other contestants, but was overall received well by Bachelorette Katie Thurston, who said she was "pleasantly surprised" by the announcement, according to multiple news outlets.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details