There is a "do more" and "be more" message being propagated in pulpits across the world that is keeping believers trapped in spiritual bondage. The reality of the New Covenant is being overshadowed by the Old Covenant, which has been fulfilled in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So many are striving for perfection and desperately trying to claw their way into holiness and righteousness, only to fall flat on their faces and drown in a sea of guilt and self-condemnation.
From this perspective, the Good News isn't that you are forgiven but still a filthy sinner. Also, the Good News isn't that you are forgiven but you will need to wrestle with sin all the days of your life until you go to heaven. That wouldn't be Good News at all! There is freedom here and now in the gospel of Jesus. You are forgiven and perfectly free from sin by the grace of God.
When many hear this message, they think to themselves, This sounds too good to be true. But it is true! Many preachers will tell you that you have a wicked and deceitful heart, and you'll struggle with sin until you die. That is a twisting of Scripture that has no grounding in the New Covenant and keeps God's people in the dark about their identity and new heart, as well as keeps them shadow-boxing an old, sinful nature they no longer possess.
On the latest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with profound Bible teacher Andrew Farley on the reality of God's grace and our perfection in the New Covenant. They come against common lies that hinder believers from experiencing and walking in the fullness of all Jesus accomplished for us.
It is time that the body of Christ embraces the true gospel and walks in liberty so the world can see that our God is the one true God. Tune in for wisdom, revelation and impartation.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details