The body of Christ needs a massive overhaul when it comes to certain doctrines, and we need to return to the simplicity of the gospel. Though I use the word simplicity, I'm well aware that there is tremendous and complex depth to the gospel, and it will take endless ages to search out such understanding.
But at the same time, we must not stray away from the simple focus of Christ—His life, death, resurrection, ascension and the Great Commission. We need a revival of Christology in the church to dispel the religious lies that make God's children feel dirty, unworthy, separated from God and in need to make things right with Him in their own power and abilities. As we focus wholeheartedly on Christ and His work, we lose sight of ourselves and purity, holiness, passion and devotion naturally begin to spring up within us.
One of the chief religious lies of our day is the illusion of separation from God. The apostle Paul even tackles this head on by declaring "nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus." This delusion of separation states that if we sin, God pulls away from us because He is too holy to look upon sin, which is false. It also states that we must bridge the gap through our own efforts and repentance before God can return to us and forgive us, which is also false.
God has already forgiven us before we ask, but we receive His forgiveness when we turn to Him in repentance. God isn't the one turning away from us when we sin; we are the ones turning away from Him, and repentance brings us back home like the prodigal son when the father is waiting for his return all along. Sin has the power to harden our hearts toward God, not His heart towards us.
On this episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo addresses the famous words of Jesus on the cross, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Matt. 27:46), and he sheds light on it in a way you may never have heard or considered before. Was Jesus truly forsaken by His Father on the cross? Is this a biblical truth or misinterpreted based on a lack of revelation of the full counsel of God's Word?
Tune in to the Awaken Podcast on Charisma Podcast Network to find out more.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details