Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com.
The power of "Jesus Loves Me" was put to the test at the perimeter of GraceLife Church in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Sunday afternoon.
After being shut down for violating COVID-19 restrictions, the Alberta chief medical officer of health ordered fences be erected around the church's perimeter in an attempt to stop the church from meeting.
Protesters gathered around the fenced area Sunday. Although, the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, which represents GraceLife Church in its legal battle to uphold the right to worship, says no one from the GraceLife congregation was in attendance.
"Grace Life Church appreciates the public outpouring of support to fully open churches in Alberta," the statement reads. "Grace Life Church congregants were not at the protest that occurred on Sunday, April 11, 2021 near the Church's facility. Grace Life Church recognizes the place for peaceful protest within the context of a democracy."
The results are in: America's stage 4 cancer has metastasized to the family and the church as well as to the government and the schools.
We are more depraved than ever before. Animals are guarded, but innocent children are slaughtered. Porn is protected, and sex-trafficking is on the rise. Cardi B's lyrics get a pass, but Scriptures are banned on social media.
Words cannot express the outright lunacy of this all.
Crowds of mourners and protesters gathered in a Minneapolis suburb where the family of a 20-year-old man said he died after being shot by police before getting back into his car and driving away, then crashing several blocks away. The family of Daunte Wright said he was later pronounced dead.
The death sparked protests in Brooklyn Center into the early hours of Monday morning, and stores were broken into, as Minneapolis was already on edge and midway through the trial of the first of four police officers in George Floyd's death. Brooklyn Center is a city of about 30,000 people located on the northwest border of Minneapolis.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz tweeted he was praying for Wright's family "as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement."
I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright's family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement.— Governor Tim Walz (@GovTimWalz) April 12, 2021
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details