Movieguide®'s Movies That Inspire celebrated five award winners during its broadcast on Easter Sunday on The REELZ Channel.
"Movieguide®'s Movies That Inspire shows audiences that inspirational content abounds, even in times of trouble," says Movieguide® President Robert Baehr. "As a father of four, I'm always encouraged to see uplifting movies that contain redemptive elements that point to God's love for us."
Dolly Parton won the Grace Prize® for Most Inspiring Performance for her role in Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square.
"That's been a big part of my whole life," Parton says in the broadcast of creating content with faith and family elements. "I talk a lot about faith and family because my grandpa was a preacher; my mother was very, very spiritual, so I grew up very spiritual, and I'm a spiritual person, myself. I really have a lot of faith, and I thank God every day for everything good that happens to me, and I pray for guidance. When I do get recognized for things like this, it just makes me think, Well, praise the Lord!"
Safety was selected as the Best Movie for Families of 2020. Greyhound was selected as the Best Movie for Mature Audiences of 2020. Infidel won the Faith and Freedom® Award, and the Epiphany Prize® for Most Inspiring Movie of 2020 went to I Still Believe.
"I appreciate Movieguide® and everything that you do to help educate both Hollywood and the general public on movies that uplift and inspire and model a Christian worldview and the transformational power of Christianity," I Still Believe director Jon Erwin says.
"I just think that there's such power in the truth," Erwin continues. "You just can't argue with the transformation in someone's life that Christianity brings, that the gospel brings. I love it when someone watches the movies and says, 'If that can happen to that person, maybe it can happen to me.' In this case, if the person on the screen can achieve their dreams, maybe the person watching can, too. That's why we love inspirational, true stories."
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details