A booklet designed to share the gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit. Simple enough, right?
But every big idea begins as a small spark. And Pastor Thomas McDaniels of the Lifebridge Christian Center in Longview, Texas, says his small spark became a big idea that is now reaching countless people with the Good News of Christ.
McDaniels tells host Marti Pieper on a recent episode of the Charisma Connection podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network that his church had always included a book "for what we call our 'yes pack,' for people who said yes to Jesus" when suddenly that book went out of print.
After trying unsuccessfully to find a replacement, "I just heard the Lord say, 'Write one,'" McDaniels recalls.
"I didn't really think I'd write my own book for my own church," he says, but he wanted to obey the Lord. And God is using "Now What?"—the booklet he produced in just a few days—to lead many people to Christ as they read it, even if no one else is around.
McDaniels' first draft, however, had one problem, which his wife quickly pointed out. "She handed it back to me in disgust and said, 'Where's the Holy Spirit?'" McDaniels says.
That led to his next draft, in which baptism of the Spirit takes its proper place alongside other essentials of the faith. After posting "Now What?" on his website and offering it on Amazon, he's had thousands of requests for the booklet he calls "a modern-day tract."
"Now What?" is fully customizable, a feature that has proven especially popular, McDaniels says. "We have Christian businessmen who are saying, 'I want to pass that booklet out for my business. Can I put my picture, my logo, my company on the back?'"
Of the whole experience with the booklet, he says, "It's been ordained by God. And it is a tool that will reach a person, even if they're just curious about God, or even if they know God. It's a tool that will take them to their next step in who God wants them to be."
To hear much more about McDaniels' "Now What?" evangelism and discipleship booklet, listen to the entire Charisma Connection episode here, and be sure to check out thomasmcdaniels.com for additional information.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details