Evangelist Christina Perera has a passion for feeding people. But although her various outreach efforts serve the homeless, her true ministry extends far beyond supplying them with food.
"Ultimately, my greatest passion is to feed people—spiritually and physically," Perera tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. And, she adds, her passion for loving and serving these people has given her a surprising way to build unity in the body of Christ.
"I love just being able to break off a piece of Jesus and just give Him to a hurting world," Perera says. "There are so many out there who are lost and who are hurting and dying. And we have the bread of life. We have the eternal one. We have the one who sustains us. I love what Peter says. He says, 'Where could I go? You're the one who has the words of life.'"
As Perera shares both physical and spiritual bread with the lost and hurting, she says, she loves to partner with other ministries. "We're all about changing people's mindsets, as well, especially the way that people see their brothers and sisters in the community. In the kingdom of God, when we do an event, we don't run everything ourselves. We will partner with different ministries, different churches, different businesses, and we will bring together what everybody is already doing really well."
This brings the kind of unity the world is seeking, Perera says. "I think it really comes down to seeing Christ in each of us and honoring exactly what each one is already doing really well," she says. "I love that in ministry, we don't reinvent the wheel. We just put people in place where they're already working really well. ... And I think just seeing Christ in each other and our work of Christ and one another is the beginning of unity.
"I think it's really unfair for people to expect unbelievers to lead the world in unity. They don't understand what unity is," she says.
To hear more from Christina Perera about how God is using her ministry to not only care for the poor and homeless but also to build unity in the body of Christ, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to check out Perera's podcast, Revealing Jesus on the Charisma Podcast Network. Be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details