"Burn up the wicked one's strategies in our lives God." I found myself uttering those words on my Mornings With the Holy Spirit prophetic prayer calls last week.
The Holy Spirit showed me the enemy has come in like a flood against many saints in this hour, but it's in His presence where we catch the fire. It's in His presence where we receive what we need from Him. It's sustaining His presence. It's the desperation for His presence. It's the, "I've got to have His presence" mindset that positions our hearts to walk in a place with a fire on the inside of us pushing back the enemy's plans.
If you are in a prolonged season of spiritual warfare, let this prayer I prayed on the morning prayer call be your prayer:
Father, help us get to that place of "I've got to have Your presence." We don't want to play Christianity any more, God. We don't want to play games any more God. No more church games! Oh God, will you just burn this stuff out of us. It's not of you. Burn it out. Start with us today, God. We want to walk closer to you God for real. Let your fire fall.
Purge us of the selfish ambition; purge us of the pride, God. Purge of the deceptions, the wrong assumptions, those haughty feelings. Purge us God. Fire. Fire. Fire. Help us, God. Let your fire come. Let your fire come, your purifying fire come, let the dross come to the surface, that You might blow it away by the wind of Your Spirit and free us from the wounds of the last season that have bound us. Free us from the emotions that have held us down, free us from the witchcraft that has come to oppress our hearts, God.
Burn up the wicked one's strategies in our lives, God.
See, I've learned the enemy attacks for two different reasons in our lives: We're doing something right or we're doing something wrong. Jesus said the enemy had no place in Him (see John 14:30). Sometimes, we give the enemy place in our lives through unforgiveness, pride, the words of our mouth that agree with his lies and so on.
When we pray prayers like the one above, we're inviting God to take up our battles; a God "[whose] breath kindles coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth" (Job 41:21). We're also inviting Him to send His refining fire into our lives that will help us identify and shut doors to the wicked strategies of the enemy in our life.
Now, you can tap into these Mornings With the Holy Spirit prayer calls on Periscope. Follow me @propheticbooks. Be sure to get a copy of the devotional.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details