Renowned fitness expert Kim Dolan Leto wants people to know the godly truth, even if it's cliché: The journey to health isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.
Health and happiness, she says, require more than just a few weeks of intense dietary restriction or physical exertion. Dolan Leto believes people can succeed at attaining a healthy lifestyle by combining their faith and their fitness, and "doing real life with God."
She is the host of a new podcast, Strong. Confident. His on the Charisma Podcast Network and the author of a new book called F.I.T. (Faith Inspired Transformation): Healthy, Happy and Fit God's Way.
"Only in Him do we find the strength to make health a lifestyle. Everything else is just a temporary fix with an unending cycle of deprivation, overconsumption and exhaustion," Dolan Leto tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I've been in the fitness industry for 20 years, and with a lifetime of Christ working with in me, I felt the pull on my heart to share that truth of getting fit God's way versus the world's way.
"The world says things like, 'Here's six weeks to this or 12 weeks to that and just white-knuckle it; you can do this,'" she says. "But any time we leave God out of it, it just doesn't work.
"The difference is that the world is going to tell you that you're not good enough and that you need to look like this XYZ person," Dolan Leto says. "God is saying, 'You're enough right now in Me.' He wants you to seek Him. He wants you to surrender to Him. And He wants you to do it in His strength, like in Matthew 6:33. It says, 'Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all things will be added.'
"If we do not seek Him first, there will always be something that is going to be like an effect that's continually tripping us," she says. "We'll never find success. And if we do, it will be fleeting and unsettling."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.