Dr. Caroline Leaf told Pastor Steven Furtick that Christianese phrases can become toxic strongholds that prevent believers from renewing their minds and putting Christian behavior into practice. Instead, we recognize and repeat familiar terms without ever internalizing them, causing a schism between what we say and what we do. Leaf says, "What you're saying is coming from a toxic root, so it sounds good, but it's not good, because it's not a reality in your life. That causes brain damage." Watch the video to hear their full discussion.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.