Enough Is Enough has launched a petition with a dual call to action against the Netflix show Cuties to:
1. Demand Netflix immediately remove the film Cuties from its streaming service.
2. Request the launch of a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into the film production team and Netflix for potential child pornography violations. Those responsible for the filming, production and distribution of the content must be held accountable.
Within hours of its release, the petition, which is being sent directly to Netflix execs and DOJ, has already garnered over 5,700 signatures.
It is never OK to sexually exploit children in broadcast programming or on the internet—or anywhere else! Further, this type of content whets the appetites and sexual fantasies of pedophiles, sexual predators and traffickers, and sends a message to youth that sexualized behavior is desired.
Why the call for a DOJ investigation?
Child pornography under federal law is defined as any visual depiction of sexually explicit conduct involving a minor (someone under 18 years of age). Visual depictions include photographs, videos, digital or computer-generated images indistinguishable from an actual minor, and images created, adapted or modified, but that appear to depict an identifiable, actual minor.
Netflix has established a pattern of offering content that sexualizes children. We cannot allow Netflix, the film or entertainment industry to monetize off of the sexualization of our children and feed them directly into the hands of child predators!
Enough Is Enough® is a national non-partisan nonprofit organization that has led the fight to make the internet safer for children and families since 1994. EIE's efforts are focused on combating Internet p*rnography, child p*rnography, sexual predation, sex trafficking and cyberbullying by incorporating a three-pronged prevention strategy with shared responsibilities between the public, Corporate America and the legal community.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details