This Sunday is Father's Day. Although every person has a biological father, over half of the children born during the last decade have little or no concept of what a father was meant to be due to the explosion of out of wedlock births.
What a tragic picture of how far from God's design we have drifted as a culture.
In my latest podcast, I discuss George Perry Floyd Jr., the African American man who was killed by police during an arrest in Minneapolis on May 25. His death provides an excellent opportunity for all of us to take a deep look inside and think about where we are when it comes to racial equality and social justice.
Floyd died after Derek Chauvin, a white police officer, pressed his knee to Floyd's neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds during the arrest. Floyd was handcuffed, face first in the street, while two other officers further restrained Floyd and a fourth prevented onlookers from intervening.
For the last three of those minutes Floyd was motionless and had no pulse. Officers made no attempt to help him. Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck until arriving emergency medical technicians attempted to revive him. Among Floyd's last words were, "I can't breathe. I can't breathe." And then finally, "Mama."
My heart broke when I saw that video and still aches.
What a time for the church of Jesus Christ to step forward and lead our nation back to God. If we fail, and miss this appointment with Father God, we will see our wonderful country descend further into chaos.
Fathers, it is time for us to "man up!" It is time for a true revival of fatherhood, and what better day to start than Father's Day?
Rick Scarborough served as a pastor for more than 25 years. In 1998, he founded Vision America, a nonprofit organization, for the purpose of mobilizing pastors and their congregations to be pro-active in restoring the Christian foundations upon which America was built. He has spoken to more than 20,000 pastors face to face and has appeared on numerous radio and television programs, urging Christians to be "salt and light."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details