Grammy Award-winning contemporary Christian artist Amy Grant is recovering from open-heart surgery performed Wednesday to fix a condition she's had since birth, several news outlets are reporting.
Fox News reported that Grant's public relations representative, Velvet Kelm, said the 59-year-old's doctor said the surgery "couldn't have gone better." The surgery was performed to correct a condition call a partial anomalous pulmonary venous return (PAVR). In this condition, one or two of the pulmonary veins returns blood to the right atrium instead of the left. It causes oxygen-rich blood to flow back to the lungs instead of on to the rest of the body.
"Thank you for so many prayers today," Kelm said on Grant's official Facebook page. "We would ask for continued prayers over the days, weeks and months to come as she makes a full recovery."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details