MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin recently sent a viral shockwave through the cable news and internet realms when he randomly asked the Bishop T.D. Jakes to pray on live TV.
In an interview with The Pure Flix Podcast, Melvin revealed that the incredibly viral moment was "totally unscripted" and that he hadn't told producers beforehand.
"We got to the end of the segment ... in that moment it felt like we could collectively use a little prayer," the NBC and MSNBC host said. "And he was there and I was there and, without giving my producer or directors a heads up, I asked him to bow and pray."
Listen to Melvin reveal these details:
Melvin said the moment was embraced by many, calling the overall reaction to it "very positive."
And he also believes the current COVID-19 crisis has exposed some fascinating realities about the human experience.
"We are living in the most unusual time of my life, where people ... are being asked ... to stay away from each other," Melvin said. "But at the same time, I maintain there is this new connectedness that has emerged from this."
He added, "I don't think as many people fully appreciated how much we need to interact with each other face-to-face — that's who we are as creatures of God."
Listen to The Pure Flix Podcast to hear Melvin explain the prayer segment, his path into media and his belief in the essentiality of truth.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.