Evangelist James Nixon says he grew up in a broken home, wrought with pain from divorce and lacking the love of Jesus. That led to his unbelief in God, and his search for fulfillment in all the wrong places: drugs, partying and even witchcraft.
"When I was 17, I put my myself in handcuffs," Nixon says. "I was arrested, and I made an inward choice that evening. I remember it. In the back of a police car, I was like, 'Hey, I don't want to live this life anymore.'
"God saw the reality of my vulnerability. And after that, I mean, He just started sending people in my high school—'Hey, come to church, come to youth group.' I'm like, 'OK, I'll check it out.'"
After Nixon came to Jesus Christ, God used his 180-degree turn from a former lifestyle of addiction to save his family, too. His family recognized this change as an act of God, Nixon says on the Salvation Today podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"When my family saw that I gave my life to the Lord, they're like, 'OK, this rebelliousness (even my best friends were drug addicts and drug dealers)—he's completely given all that up.' And they saw the turnaround, and so through my life, my family was reconciled back to the Lord through my testimony.
"Parents, aunts and uncles and cousins, and everybody's like, 'OK, if the Lord Jesus Himself woke James up and shook him, and James surrendered his life, then He is real. I need to pursue Him in myself as an individual.'"
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.