The NFL and FOX are set to make history this year by airing a Super Bowl ad that features drag queens. It will be the first commercial of its kind in Super Bowl history, and One Million Moms (1MM, onemillionmoms.com), a division of American Family Association (AFA, afa.net), is asking that it be removed from the advertising lineup immediately. In just a day, nearly 18,500 signed the petition. As of Friday morning, Jan. 31, over 23,000 have signed.
"An ad promoting drag queens is not what we had in mind when urging the NFL to keep the Super Bowl LIV commercials and halftime entertainment family-friendly," said 1MM Director Monica Cole.
In an Action Alert Wednesday, Cole shared that the Sabra Hummus ad features drag queens Kim Chi and Miz Cracker, former contestants on "RuPaul's Drag Race." One is snacking on hummus while the other is trying to fit a football helmet over perfectly teased hair without causing helmet hair.
"Sabra Dipping Company is choosing to push an agenda of sexual confusion instead of promoting its actual product," Cole continued. "The PC-inclusive ad blurs the biological distinctions between male and female. Normalizing this lifestyle is contrary to what conservative, Christian parents are teaching their children about God's design for sexuality. Thanks Sabra! Now parents have a lot to explain to their confused children!"
She added that the NFL has not been very adept at dealing with controversies, and this year is no different.
One Million Moms is calling on parents and others concerned about non-family-friendly Super Bowl advertising to sign the petition to the NFL and FOX urging that the Sabra Hummus drag queen advertisement be canceled and removed from the Super Bowl commercial lineup immediately in an effort to keep Super Bowl LIV clean and family-friendly.
One Million Moms works to warn parents about the television shows that are vulgar, blasphemous and downright trashy, while also urging them to make wise choices for their kids and take action against the shows that tear down society, as well as the advertisers that help keep them on the air.
For more information on One Million Moms, visit onemillionmoms.com; view the media page for AFA here. For more information on American Family Association, visit afa.net
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details