When it comes to analyzing how to start going after a big dream, it's important to assess risk tolerance, says entrepreneur and speaker Michael McIntyre. Do you take risks, or actively avoid them?
"I often coach businesspeople and small business owners and entrepreneurs and some big business owners," McIntyre says. "They're saying, 'Hey, listen, I really want to do this.'
"'OK, well, let's take a look, and what's your risk tolerance?' Some people are ready to take everything they've got, go to Las Vegas and put $100,000 on a red 23. ... Some people won't go to the grocery store until all the lights are green. ... But there's a middle ground there. God really likes it when we trust in [Him.]"
It's crucial to have a support system of people around you who are going to propel you forward, along the path of your dream, McIntyre says on the Next Level podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. If you surround yourself with negative people, they can actually hinder you from fulfilling your calling, which is what McIntyre refers to as your "want to."
"Who's influencing you? Who are you being around that really is going to support your 'want to'?" McIntyre says. "... Look, the pain of discipline is so much less than the pain of regret. It truly is. And you really have to be disciplined on your 'want to.' It doesn't just happen.
"People are saying, 'Well, I'm waiting on God to tell me what to do. I'm waiting on God to have me get things done.' Really? Maybe God's waiting on you. Get out of bed at 5 o'clock in the morning and start getting after it."
To listen to more guidance on passionately pursuing your big dreams, click here for the entire episode.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details