As a recent law graduate, 25-year-old Ariel Bryant offers a unique perspective on the political side of things in Israel. Having traveled there through the Passages program, she realizes the American media portrays Israel in more of a negative light than reality.
"It seems as though a lot of Americans and sometimes the students that we bring over will have a very critical eye toward Israel based on how a lot of the media outlets have portrayed Israel almost like a warmongering, aggressive country who's just harming innocent children, women, etc. in defense of their nation," she said.
However, Israel is more defensive of its land than it is offensive, Bryant says in the "Passages" series on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"For instance, IDF is called the Israeli Defense Forces. It's not the Israeli army; it's literally what they do. And Israel as a whole is defensive. They're defending their entire existence in the Middle East.
"So when you're actually there, and you hear from speakers who are Palestinian, and yet pro-Israel, sometimes it really changes your perception, and you realize that the American media and the international media has an agenda on how they're spinning the Israeli conflict, and it's tainted how we perceive it. But when you're actually there, you're seeing a different side of things."
Bryant went on to emphasize how gaining more firsthand knowledge of the Jewish culture in Israel has deepened her love for the people and helped her understand the background of her faith as well.
"I'd say it just brought me such a love for the Jewish community that I didn't necessarily have before. I think it is so important for Christians to understand the fundamental basics and background, that Christianity has ties with Judaism. And that's not something that I think is taught nor endorsed in many American Christian churches. So seeing that firsthand in Israel, how these two massive religions connect, was very impactful for me as well."
To listen to the rest of the episode on the "Charisma News" podcast, click here.
For more information about Passages, visit passagesisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details