Justin Bieber gave God the glory for putting people in his life to love him despite his sinful past in a recent Instagram post.
In the post, he opened up about the difficulties of being a child star and how that seduced him into a mindset of pride. He says things got so bad, he sometimes didn't even want to live anymore.
"You see I have a lot of money, clothes, cars, accolades, achievements, awards, but I was still unfulfilled," he writes. "Have [you] noticed the statistics of child stars and the outcome of their life? There is an insane amount of pressure and responsibility put on a child [whose] brain, emotions, frontal lobes (decision making) aren't developed yet. No rationally, defiant, rebellious, things all of us have to go through. But when you add the pressure of stardom, it does something to you that is quite unexplainable. You see, I didn't grow up in a stable home, my parents were 18 separated with no money still young and rebellious as well. My talent progressed and I became ultra successful. It happened within a strand of two years. My whole world flipped on its head. I went from a 13-year-old boy from a small town to being praised left and right by the world with millions saying they loved me and how great I was."
Bieber says that because "humility comes with age," he became dependent on his success, which hindered him from developing any real sense of responsibility. He was used to the life of ease that came with fame.
"By 20 I made every bad decision you could have thought of and went from being one of the most loved and adored people in the world to the most ridiculed, judged and hated person in the world!" he says. "... I started doing heavy drugs at 19 and abused all of my relationships. I became resentful, disrespectful to women and angry."
Bieber says it has taken him years to bounce back from this difficult time in his life and fix the relationships he broke.
"Luckily, God blessed me with extraordinary people who love me for me," he says. "Now I am navigating one of the best seasons of my life: 'Marriage'! Which is an amazing crazy new responsibility. You learn patience, trust, commitment, kindness, humility, and all of the things it looks like to be a good man. All this to say, even when the odds are against you keep fighting. Jesus loves you. BE KIND TODAY. BE BOLD TODAY AND LOVE PEOPLE TODAY NOT BY YOUR STANDARDS BUT BY GOD'S PERFECT UNFAILING LOVE."
Read the full post below:
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details