'Pastor Matt Miklasz has not only faced trials; he's in the midst of them right now. One of his sons was born with a heart defect that required more than one surgery. Several years ago, Miklasz himself received a diagnosis of LGL leukemia, and in 2015, during a routine colonoscopy, doctors discovered he also had colorectal cancer. On the "Hope Through Cancer" podcast on Charisma News, he shares that just one week ago, physicians at Mayo Clinic told him about another tumor, this time on his liver.
But Miklasz faces his trials with faith—and the honesty to admit his fears. In fact, his cancer journey has changed his prayer life. "The Psalms are filled ... with conversations with God that were real, honest," he says. Prior to his experiences with cancer, Miklasz thought about his doubts and fears, but "I didn't give voice to them in my prayer life. And boy, was I missing out," he says.
Once he began a more honest communication with God in prayer, "It's been healthier for me spiritually," Miklasz says. Cancer, he explains, has deepened his walk with God. He and his wife, Cyndy, detail that in their new book, Joy for the Journey. The book's subtitle, "How to Walk Through Your Trials in a Healthy Way," defines his perspective for his walk, no matter what the future may bring.
"God's not going to waste this; He's going to use this trial for His glory and His purposes. And in light of that, we just want to cooperate with how God would want to use it," Miklasz says.
To learn more about Pastor Matt Miklasz and how to walk through trials in a healthy way, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer