Evangelist and author Matt Brown is on a mission to help Christians find the balance between truth and love, encouraging people to consider how they should "walk and act and be like Jesus."
Brown, the founder of the Think Eternity ministry and the author of the new book Truth Plus Love: The Jesus Way to Influence, delivered a powerful message on "The Pure Flix Podcast," reminding Christians about some essential facts about Jesus: Christ always spoke truth and attracted audiences, He was always healing and He was motivated by incredible kindness.
"He had a huge influence on people," Brown said. "He spoke the truest truth out there and yet he had crowds of people who flocked around him."
READ ALSO: The 9 Christian Values That Change Lives
Listen to Brown break down what it really means to balance "truth" and "love":
It's a powerful reminder that encourages people to turn to Jesus as an example of how to live in an increasingly tattered and fractured culture. In addition to truth, though, Jesus was also the embodiment of love.
"He was always healing people," Brown said, noting that Christ cared for the hurting. "He had an incredible compassion, an incredible kindness. And this was God coming to earth, showing us his way."
Brown said he thought for years that spiritual maturity meant "intensity," but that he came to learn that it's really about the fruit of the spirit, as described in Galatians 5:22-23.
READ ALSO: 25 Bible Verses About Loving Others
Those verses read (NIV): "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
"There's a challenge that we face. We're the first generation ... to have an online megaphone through social media," Brown said. "We're constantly saying how we feel about everything that's going on, and there's a lot of division and frustration."
But he encouraged everyone to take a step back and consider how they are representing Christ and whether they're actually influencing people in that direction.
"I don't want to tell anyone not to speak truth ... but we need to remember 1 Corinthians 13 in it," he said. "If we do all this stuff without love, we're just a noise."
In the end, Brown is hoping to inspire people to see God through life's ups and downs.
"In a world that is full of bad news, there's more goodness than you can ever hope for in God," he said.
This article was originally published on Pure Flix Insider. Visit Pure Flix for access to thousands of faith and family-friendly movies and TV shows. You can get a free, one-month trial here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer