Kimberly Jones‐Pothier, known as Real Talk Kim, said Christians are entering a season of not only restoration but restitution. She gave the message Friday night at the Charisma Conference 2018.
"This is a season when God's not just restoring some things in your life," Jones-Pothier said. "He's bringing restitution to your life."
Jones-Pothier shared her testimony of how she got divorced and became a Bible teacher. She said her failures were the result of letting seasons in her life define her lifetime. That experience taught her that some Christians are codependent on the pain in their life and have remained trapped in a temporary season never meant to be permanent. But she said believers are never stuck unless they want to be stuck.
"The hardest thing and the worst place to be is when you're lying to yourself and you're believing it," Jones-Pothier said.
So Jones-Pothier resolved to prophesy her way out of her problems. She said she would lay hands on herself and prophesy over herself at her lowest point. That's because the tongue is powerful--and Jones-Pothier said some Christians are speaking death over their life: "Some of your life looks the way it looks because of what you're saying."
"We always want to blame God for everything going wrong in our lives," Jones-Pothier said. "The devil's after me. I'm in a season, and the devil's after my car, my house, my marriage. No, you need an oil change. The devil's after my finances. No, you need to tithe. The devil's after my marriage. No, you need to hush."
She emphasized that believers need to grow up and take responsibility for their life trajectory.
"All you've got to do is realize you are grown," Jones-Pothier said. "You have two hands and two feet, baby. God is a gentleman. He's just been waiting for you to get up and surrender."
Finally, Jones-Pothier challenged Christians to use her story to consider what God wants for their lives.
"I would rather be up here preaching tonight than be in a punta cana on the beach," she said. "Because that is my purpose. What is your purpose? What is your passion?"
After all, she remarked, "Everybody has a story, but maybe yours is about to be a best-seller."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details