Singer/songwriter Justin Bieber sang a heartfelt rendition of the worship song "Reckless Love" on his Instagram story Monday night.
"Oh, the overwhelming, never ending reckless love of God. Oh, it chases me down, fights till I'm found, leaves the 99 ... There's no shadow you won't light up, mountain you won't climb up, running after me," Bieber sang.
The song was originally written by Corey Asbury, a worship pastor for Bethel Music.
Yet, its message of God's deep love for his creation was enough to make Bieber ditch his usual pop tunes for a moment of worship.
This is the latest example of how the singer has turned his large social media platform into a pulpit. A source close to him says his next album, which is expected to be released late this year or in early 2019, is going to focus on his faith.
A source close to the singer told The Sun: "He has always been religious but the last two years have seen him grow closer to the Hillsong Church and it has changed his entire life. He has a totally different outlook now."
"After he finished his last tour he really wasn't interested in recording any music for a while," the source also said.
"But his time with the church has revitalized him and although he is working with a lot of the same people who helped to make his last album, Purpose, he is reshaping his sound so it is more in line with the church's values and beliefs," the source was quoted as saying, "There are key themes of love and redemption in the tracks he has created so far. It will certainly surprise some fans."
In the meantime, Bieber has been using social media to share the gospel with his nearly 100 million Instagram followers.
And on Easter weekend, he told his followers "Jesus has changed my life."
"Easter is not about a bunny, it's a reminder that my Jesus died on the cross for my sins and then rose from the dead defeating death! I believe this happened and it changes everything! I am set free from bondage and shame. I am a child of the most high God and he loves me," he wrote in an Instagram post.
Bieber has been vocal on social media about reconnecting with his faith over the last two years; the music in his next album is expected to reflect the redemption he's experienced.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details