Pop star Madonna, who's had a successful career for 30-plus years, has found faith. Well, sort of.
The veteran entertainer, who was born Madonna Louise Ciccone, sounds more like Oprah than Kathie Lee Gifford when it comes to prayer.
"The ritual of prayer isn't a religious thing as much as it is having a ritualistic moment to acknowledge things and not take things for granted," she told Interview magazine. "For instance: the fact that you wake up and there's air in your lungs; the fact that you have a job to do; the fact that you have friends; the fact that you have your health. You're going to do something that's going to bring you joy. We take these things for granted. And you know, I think it's important to call angels to you to protect you."
In another interview, Madonna said this:
"I became very obsessed with death and the idea that you never know when death will arrive, so one has to do as much as possible all the time to get the most out of life," she said. "And death was a big part of my life growing up. I went to lots of funerals," she told her friend performance artist David Blaine.
She has a lot to say about how so many people in the music and film industries take drugs—whether just to feel some euphoria or even in a vain attempt to get closer to God. And let's give her credit for coming to the conclusion that the latter effort is an illusion; it just doesn't work.
"It's about how people take drugs to connect to God or to a higher level of consciousness," she told Blaine. "I keep saying, 'Plugging into the matrix.' If you get high, you can do that, which is why a lot of people drop acid or do drugs, because they want to get closer to God."
She continued, "That's the illusion of drugs, because they give you the illusion of getting closer to God, but ultimately they kill you," she said. "They destroy you. I mean, I tried everything once, but as soon as I was high, I spent my time drinking tons of water to get it out of my system. As soon as I was high, I was obsessed with flushing it out of me. I was like, 'OK, I'm done now.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer