The Cross--a movie about the life and ministry of globe-trekking evangelist Arthur Blessitt--placed at No. 17 after debuting on 221 screens on the weekend, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com.
Made by Gener8Xion Entertainment, affiliated with Trinity Broadcasting Network and the company responsible for The Omega Code and One Night With the King, the film took in $327,000.
The documentary about Blessitt, who has carried a 12-foot cross around the world during the last 40 years, received some positive reviews. The Seattle Times observed that "Blessitt's story is clearly worth telling. Surviving in war zones and hostile environments around the world, the man possesses an influential goodness ... that has protected him through countless ordeals. Anyone who's still on their own spiritual quest would do well to learn from his example."
The Charlotte Observer added: "His adventure is an inspiration to all those who believe in its life changing message."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.