Tyndale House Publishers is to publish a memoir by Gayle Haggard, wife of the former president of the National Association of Evangelicals, Ted Haggard.
In Why I Stayed, to be released in January 2010, she will share a message of forgiveness and love regarding her husband, also the founder and ex-senior pastor of New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo.—whose confession to sexual immorality in November 2006 led to his downfall.
"When we met with Gayle, we realized God was already using her story to touch the lives of thousands of people," said Jon Farrar, Tyndale's nonfiction acquisition director. "We knew this story needed to be heard in its entirety. It's an amazing story of the choices Gayle made in her darkest hours and how less-than-perfect people everywhere desperately need a community that provides healing and a path to restoration."
After reading the manuscript, Tyndale President Mark Taylor said he "was very moved by Gayle's story. It is a beautiful—though heart-wrenching—story of how (with the grace of God) she chose to love Ted, save her marriage and protect her family."
Tyndale will launch Why I Stayed, to be co-written by Angela Hunt, with a national promotional campaign, including an author tour.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.