Marcus Lamb, founder and president of Daystar, to infidelity. On a Nov. 30 broadcast, the televangelist and his wife, Joni, addressed an affair Marcus had "several years ago" after three former employees allegedly threatened to reveal the story unless the Lambs paid them $7.5 million. The Christian TV network owners vowed their marriage is now "stronger than ever." Days later, one of the former employees sued Daystar, claiming her knowledge of the affair before it transpired caused emotional pain—to which Daystar countersued with an allegation of attempted extortion.
Darlene Zschech, to Church Unlimited in Australia's Central Coast as senior pastor, along with her husband, Mark (pictured). After 25 years at Hillsong Church in Sydney, the well-known worship leader and writer of "Shout to the Lord" announced her departure from the megachurch in early November and will begin her new role at the nearby Pentecostal church later this month.
Jack Hayford, as president of The King's University. As the school's founder and former chancellor, the 76-year-old Hayford, who also served as president of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, replaces Kenneth Ulmer.
Daniel Kolenda, as president of Christ for all Nations (CfaN), the ministry founded by evangelist Reinhard Bonnke. Bonnke, 70, remains active with CfaN but believes passing the baton to the 29-year-old Kolenda, who has preached with Bonnke since 2006 and led more than 10 million people to Christ, is in response to the directive God gave him: "The anointed must be appointed."
"We do not pass the plate." —Robert Morris, pastor of Gateway Church in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, on how his congregation emphasizes giving. The megachurch, which receives most of its donations online, dedicates a new 206,000-square-foot, $72 million building this month.
1 in 20
Christians say their church holds them accountable for integrating biblical beliefs and principles into their lives. Only 2 percent of believers practice accountability through small groups, which is the most frequently used method by churches.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details