Single? Then you might be interested in a new documentary film about people just like you.
Single Creek aims to give a voice to singles who have never married, divorcees and widows, single parents and even those who have exited homosexual lifestyles—and it's getting the attention of church leaders, TV networks and journalists.
"If I hadn't experienced a divorce, this movie might never have been made," says Chris Lang, producer and director of Single Creek. "I witnessed God create something redemptive and healing out of something that was broken. The way we handle disappointments determines the quality of life we live and our impact on culture. That's why this film speaks to married people too."
Produced by Lifestreams Media, Single Creek airs this summer on two national networks to address real issues of single people—and there are lots of them. In fact, more than 100 million single adults now comprise nearly half of all U.S. households, according to U.S. Census data.
Single Creek will air on the NRB Network and Hope Channel. Troy Miller, president of NRB Network, says "I'm certain that our viewers—both single and married—will be inspired by Single Creek."
And Kandus Thorp, vice president of Hope Channe, says, "Single Creek is a 'must-view' for churches, families and anyone who cares about singles within their sphere of influence."
As Lang sees it, the Christian church tends to emphasize a marriage and family-centric culture, which fosters the stigma of singleness. Single Creek urges the church to 'see' singles differently while challenging single adults to live full lives through their faith and talents.
"This is a film of passion, sensitivity, transparency, sincerity and vulnerability," says Dennis Franck, national director of Single Adult Ministries for Assemblies of God. Franck co-authored a study guide with Lang, providing questions and commentary for a nine-week curriculum and included with extended footage in the "Public Screening Edition" DVD.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details