Grammy-nominated gospel artist Shei Atkins recently said the church is too judgmental. Now, V. Rose is concerned that Christian music needs more, well, relevance to teens who need to know who they really are in Christ.
A 22-year old newcomer to the gospel music scene, Rose is determined to use her voice to minister to the younger generation. The California native began singing at the age of 5.
“During my teenage years, I felt the Lord calling me to create relevant, Christ-centered music to reach the world, especially my peers,” V. Rose says. Upon hearing a call from the Lord in her teen years she began creating music that would deflect the message superstars like Katy Perry (known for her hit 'I Kissed a Girl'), Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez were sending to the young masses.
Clear Sight Music launched V. Rose's self-titled debut album Aug. 2011. Her single "Not So Average" delivers a message to those seeking their identity, those asking, "Who am I?" “You're more beautiful than them; Cause who you have inside of you is part of Him,” sings Rose in one of her new songs. “Baby, doesn't matter what you look like; If you have Jesus on the inside.”
In her teenage years Rose struggled with her own levels of self-confidence, doubt and confusion. “I never thought that I was pretty or smart enough, and I was always looking for someone to follow or be like," explains Rose. “Thankfully, my commitment to God kept me on the straight and narrow.”
And now she takes a stand against pop culture and today's harmful media unashamedly providing the true source of identity through her tunes.
“I wrote this song to kind of minister to young girls and even girls older and even guys too that struggle with trying to be like what you see in magazines and on videos and on TV and trying to be perfect all the time,” the vocalist shared with AuraRADIO. “I mean that's not really how God made us. God made us all different and all to be unique and so I made this song to basically say “I'm going to do what God says and not what the world says. And I'm going to look to God to see who am I. And I can be not so average. I don't have to be like everybody else.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details