Fox, the home of such shows as Family Guy and The Simpsons, is under fire for its "indecent" broadcasts.
Family Research Council and Focus on the Family have submitted an amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in Federal Communications Commission v. Fox Television Stations Inc. arguing that the FCC's regulations against indecent material aired on broadcast TV are constitutional.
"We urge the U.S. Supreme Court to follow its precedents and allow the FCC to regulate indecency on network television. Allowing nudity and 'fleeting' expletives to air on public airwaves will open the floodgates for more extreme indecency even at hours when children are watching television. This result is not required under the First Amendment, as the Court has ruled in the past," says Tony Perkins, president of FRC.
As Perkins sees it, the court has a societal interest in protecting our children from indecent material. It is first and foremost a parent's responsibility to protect their children from indecency, he continues, but how can they protect their children if the public airwaves are inundating them with profanity and unacceptable sexual content?
"The public airways are just that—public. The networks using them have a moral duty to the American public to responsibly provide content that is acceptable for all viewers," Perkins says. "This is not a heavy burden for those whose television and radio licenses provide them with substantial profits. There is plenty of room within the FCC's indecency guidelines to provide excellent entertainment and meaningful art."
Do you let your kids watch Fox programming?
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details