The publishers of RELEVANT magazine, a Christian publication targeting the college-to-30s audience, just rolled out a new publication. Dubbed Reject Apathy, the magazine aims to give a voice to the faith-based social justice movement in this generation.
Reject Apathy will focus on five key areas—poverty, defense of innocents, creation care, preventable disease and violence. The accompanying website, RejectApathy.com, promises a holistic view of social justice issues and solutions. It emphasizes core values of sustainability, local involvement and leadership, faith focus, financial transparency, and a long-term commitment to change.
"Our prayer for Reject Apathy is that it will open eyes and activate our generation to a new level of sacrificial living, sustainable change and a spiritual revolution," says Cameron Strang, publisher of Reject Apathy and RELEVANT. "It may be the most important thing our team has done."
Strang has seen firsthand the desire this generation has to change the world. As he sees it, 20- and 30-somethings are passionate to stand against injustice, take action and make a difference. Reject Apathy was born out of that desire, and Strang hopes the new publication will help challenge and motivate readers to truly make a difference.
Reject Apathy has been several years in the making, beginning with a trip Strang took to Rwanda and Kenya in 2008 with Pastor Rick Warren. "Coming back from that trip, my view of social justice and missions was forever altered," Strang says. "Simply 'knowing' and 'caring' simply wasn't enough anymore. We have to commit ourselves to making a difference. Our faith dictates it."
The inaugural issue of Reject Apathy has a circulation of 150,000 and is included with subscriptions to RELEVANT. Reject Apathy is also distributed for free on college campuses and select events nationwide.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details