Pottermania will experience one last spasm as the Grand Finale of Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, opens July 15.
When the book was released in July 2007, 11 million copies sold in 24 hours, making it the "fastest selling book in history." When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 hits theaters this Friday, once again, global interest will soar higher than Quidditch players seeking golden snitches.
While most consider all anti-Potterism downright Mugglish, concerns remain high among many parents over exactly where these novels and movies, along with Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga, are catapulting this generation of kids.
Consider this: It's no secret that the Harry Potter storyline about both good and evil wizards has fueled global teenage increase in Wicca and the occult. Next, Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series about good and evil vampires has done the same thing for vampirism. Blood drinking among teens has surged.
What's next? Here's a terrifying possibility: New novels (made into movies?) about "good" and evil demons, and the thrill of being possessed by the "good ones." Two mesmerizing tales with such storylines are immensely popular right now: Diana Rowland's series about detective Kara Gillian, a Summoner of Demons; and Jenna Black's novels about exorcist Morgan Kingsley who allows a sexy Demon King to inhabit her body "to save the human race."
Think carefully: What might happen if a "third wave" of popular entertainment inspires gullible teenagers to seek possession by demonic entities, thinking it's good for them? To those who believe in a real behind-the-scenes war between good and evil, the prospect is truly terrifying.
Steve Wohlberg is the director of White Horse Media and author of Exposing Harry Potter and Witchcraft and The Trouble with Twilight. He is deeply passionately about where occult-laden entertainment is heading. TV producer, radio host and the author of 26 books, he has appeared in three History Channel documentaries (Strange Rituals, Secrets of the Seven Seals, The Armageddon Battle Plan), and has spoken by special invitation inside the Pentagon and U.S. Senate.
Editor's Note: The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of Steve Wohlberg and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charisma editorial staff.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details