Former New York Giant David Tyree has been under intense media scrutiny for some gutsy statements he made about gay marrriage in an online video produced for the National Organization for Marriage.
Tyree says he recorded the video because he opposes the notion of gay marriage and wants to voice his opinion.
In the video, the former Pro Bowler warned that anarchy could result in the U.S. if homosexuals are legally allowed to marry. He also said gay couples can't successfully raise a child.
“I am not political,” says Tyree, whose famous "helmet catch” was the defining moment of Super Bowl XLII. “I believe there is right and wrong. I think many things are subjective, but truth is not. Marriage [between a man and woman] is the backbone of our society.”
Now, Peter Grandich, founder of Trinity Financial Sports & Entertainment Co, is speaking out in support of Tyree. Grandich applauds him for saying what many believe and don’t have the courage to openly state.
“He is a courageous man to say what so many others will not for fear of retribution, yet David is strong in his conviction and that comes first. I admire his passion and faith," Grandich says. “What David has really said was he chooses not to go against the will of his God and that his Lord’s words must come before man’s. This is not Tyree vs. gays but a God-fearing man’s willingness to stand firm in his beliefs. I wholeheartedly agree with him.”
Grandich feels many in the media are taking cheap shots at Tyree because they don’t share the same opinion. “This is America, where freedom of speech is not just guaranteed, but is one of the foundations upon which our country was established,” Grandich says. “Though the media is certainly free to report David’s opinions, I say shame on them for chastising him for standing up for his beliefs.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details