Page 2 of 2
- 21. Britain’s Girl Guides Drop Oath to God
- For more than 100 years, Britain’s Girl Guides took an oath to “love God and serve the King/Queen.” But on Wednesday the movement announced it would scrap its oath to God in an attempt to broaden its appeal ...
- Created on 20 June 2013
- 22. Church of Scotland Approves Gay Ministers
- The Church of Scotland’s General Assembly on Monday passed a historic vote to allow actively gay men and lesbians to become ordained ministers. After more than six hours of debate, more than 700 commissioners ...
- Created on 21 May 2013
- 23. British Church Attendance Stabilizes After Years of Decline
- The number of people attending Sunday services at Britain's Anglican churches is continuing to drop, but church officials say there are signs that the decline is starting to stabilize. A spokesperson for ...
- Created on 10 May 2013
- 24. Justin Welby Confirmed as New Archbishop of Canterbury
- Justin Welby was confirmed Monday as the new archbishop of Canterbury at a centuries-old service at St. Paul’s Cathedral, six weeks before his formal enthronement inside Canterbury Cathedral on March 21. ...
- Created on 05 February 2013
- 25. Should a British King Be Allowed to Marry a Catholic?
- A royal row has broken out between Church of England bishops and Prime Minister David Cameron’s liberal-minded coalition government over a planned bill to change ancient laws governing the royal line of ...
- Created on 10 January 2013
- 26. Church of England to Allow Celibate Gay Bishops
- The Church of England on Friday confirmed that it has dropped its prohibition on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops—but only if they agree to remain celibate. Speaking on behalf of the Church’s ...
- Created on 07 January 2013
© Copyright 2020 Charisma Media, All Rights Reserved.