Black Lives Matter of New York City co-founder Chivona Newsome doesn't want black individuals to be persecuted due to their choice to not receive the vaccine.
The Washington Examiner reports Newsome as saying, "Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated. So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?"
This is the context for announcing that there would be a new wave of rioting, similar to that of the George Floyd riots of 2020.
She went on to say, "We're putting this city on notice that your mandate will not be another racist social distance practice. Black people are not going to stand by, or you will see another uprising. And that is not a threat. That is a promise. The vaccination passport is not a free passport to racism."
Calls continue to grow for all Americans to be vaccinated. Those who are proponents of the vaccine have made incredulous calls for those who are hesitant to receive the vaccine to be punished in various forms.
New York City is requiring vaccine passports to dine at restaurants.
Oregon health officials announced that if individuals are fully vaccinated, they now have "permission" to kiss.
All of this points to the fact that people's rights are being stripped away at an alarming rate.
Up to this point, the focus has been on labeling anyone who does not want the vaccine as "far right extremists".
Maybe this is something that can bring people with different opinions together.
This announcement from Newsome and Black Lives Matter is adding an entirely new dimension to the ongoing national struggle of what the government is allowed to dictate to those who live in the United States of America.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details