Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
As marijuana continues to increase in popularity and cultural acceptance, some key questions are increasingly being asked in faith circles. Among them: Is recreational marijuana use moral?
This is just one of the topics being tackled by Dr. Todd Miles, professor of theology at Western Seminary and author of Cannabis and the Christian: What the Bible Says about Marijuana.
Miles recently told the "Edifi With Billy Hallowell" podcast that, though the Bible says nothing explicitly about marijuana, the scriptures do offer a plethora of "wisdom" and guidance that can help Christians address the issue.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom fought off a recall that would have removed him from office and will remain as head of the nation's most liberal state, multiple outlets report. The election was called with about 60% of ballots counted, with "no" on the question of whether to recall Newsom ahead by a 2-to-1 margin in a vote largely built on mail-in ballots, per The Associated Press.
"While likely to shrink somewhat in the days ahead as votes cast at polling places are counted, the lead that Newsom took among votes cast before Election Day—which were counted first Tuesday night—was insurmountable," per AP.
Newsom, who angered many Californians with his restrictive COVID-19 policies, which included deeming churches "nonessential" and resulted in both lawsuits and Supreme Court victories for churches such as Pastor Ché Ahn's Harvest Rock Church, touted his defeat of the recall as a defeat of "Trumpism," which he said last night is "not dead in this country."
He had a corporate position with Occidental Petroleum—and everything that came with it. But when God called him to walk away, he did.
"I left my career with no money of any kind, no stocks, no bonds, no savings, nothing ... no hospitalization, no insurance," Dr. Richard Booker tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. Just one thing compelled him to make a move that seemed so foolish in the world's eyes, he says: the weight of the glory of God.
A friend had invited him to a Bible study, and he bought a Bible for the first time, beginning his reading "where everybody starts—in Leviticus," he recalls. But he soon discovered the New Testament and, in a supernatural encounter that took place as he was reading Luke 24, the Lord revealed God's sovereign plan for his life.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details