Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com this week:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Harvest Rock Church and Harvest International Ministry and partially granted the injunction pending appeal in the federal lawsuit against California Gov. Gavin Newsom's total ban on indoor worship. This was the second time Liberty Counsel appealed to the high court on behalf of these churches. The ruling also included South Bay United Pentecostal Church. Liberty Counsel represents Harvest Rock Church, HIM and Pastor Ché Ahn.
The Super Bowl commercials remain some of the most highly anticipated (and expensive) promotional spots of the year. And as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs battled it out on the field, the Church of Scientology, widely regarded as a cult, served up another offering of New Age mystery in a spot that sparked controversy among viewers.
Pastor and Bible teacher Jack Hibbs says many believers are not excited about the imminent return of Jesus because they don't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. That, he says, is one of the reasons for the prevailing apathy that exists in the church today.
But, Hibbs says, Scripture makes it "absolutely clear" that the rapture will take place. The only questions are: When will it happen, and what will we do to prepare for the coming of Christ for His bride?
As the social media giants continue to crack down on those who violate their trans-activist talking points (see here and here), another perspective has been raised from an unexpected source. I'm talking about a powerful, deeply moving article posted in Newsweek and titled, "We Need Balance When It Comes To Gender Dysphoric Kids. I Would Know."
The author of the op-ed is Scott Newgent, self-described as "a 48-year-old transgender man." What Newgent has written is courageous, deeply revealing, poignant and accurate.
Renowned apologist and Bible teacher Ravi Zacharias was guilty of multiple instances of sexual misconduct and abuse, an independent report commissioned by Ravi Zacharias International Ministries has concluded. RZIM is now apologizing to victims of its founder, who died of cancer last May, and asking forgiveness as it seeks a way forward.
Released on Thursday by the Atlanta-based law firm of Miller & Martin, the investigation report said Zacharias lied in his 2017 statement that "I have never engaged in inappropriate behavior of any kind." Through multiple interviews conducted with massage therapists and others who interacted with Zacharias over a period of years, the report reveals a pattern of gross sexual misconduct as well as inappropriate texts and emails and one accusation of rape.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details