Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
When Donald Trump first appeared on the scene as a presidential candidate, I didn't like him. First, he had no history of being the conservative he claimed to be.
In fact, as a New York businessman, he had expressed liberal views on abortion, and he had basically lived a hedonistic, playboy lifestyle. Secondly, I didn't care for his name-calling of fellow Republican candidates.
In the GOP primary, I voted for Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas. But it became clear as the primary season went along that a majority of Republican voters were attracted to Trump's "Make America Great Again" message, and he was going to be the nominee. What to do?
You may have voted for the reelection of President Donald J. Trump. I'm sure you went through a plethora of emotions when he lost. You're probably still processing the turn of events. Nonetheless, Joseph R. Biden is being inaugurated today as our new president.
I posted on social media my commitment to pray for our new president for the next four years and was shocked at the comments I received. While some agreed to do the same, others name-called our new president, some said they would never pray for him, and still others told me my prayer stance was wrong.
The jarring reaction of the body of Christ to my post spoke volumes regarding the state of the church.
The reaction of Spirit-filled, born-again Christians who didn't vote for Biden must be Christlike. Believers need to lead the way by responding in a godly manner—and encouraging others to do the same.
On Nov. 9, 2016, I wrote an article titled, "Donald Trump, President of the United States by the Sovereign Intervention of God," stating, "I believe Trump has been elected president by divine intervention." I can now say the same thing about Joe Biden. It is hard to explain him being president without intervention from above, be it as an act of divine blessing or an act of divine judgment.
There are some people, of course, who believe that everything happens by the will of God, which means that whoever wins the presidency wins by God's express will.
Yet, as I suggested four years ago, "there are times when there are so many odds against something happening, when it so greatly defies logic, that it is easier to recognize God's involvement."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details