The president and CEO of World Relief has stepped down, effective Sept. 1.
Sammy Mah has led the Baltimore-based Christian humanitarian organization since 2005. Previously he spent 27 years as an executive at General Motors.
"When Sammy came to World Relief, we were in urgent need of financial, operational and missional renovation," World Relief Board Chairman Scott Arbeiter said. "We are deeply indebted to him for taking on these massive challenges, providing focused and positive leadership, and guiding us into best practices in each of these areas. Sammy was the right person at the right time."
Sam Wolgemuth, board chairman of Youth for Christ International and a former World Relief board chair, was elected interim CEO.
World Relief is the humanitarian assistance arm of the National Association of Evangelicals. The 60-year-old organization partners with local ministries to provide relief, development and HIV-AIDS prevention.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.